Tags:
alive 2020,
whank
  1. Rep:

Re: 2017 Warning: Cryptic Promotion

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    With the title this has, this could just turn into a general Alive 2017 rumors thread tbh
    No, this thread is specifically about avoiding rumours from clearly dodgy sources / rumours that are based on solving cryptic puzzles as if that is something Daft have ever done - because as we've discussed in threads merged here, people who make those bait rumours do so to get money from clicks.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

2. Like piroteki, Baconboy likes this post
  3. Rep:

Regardless, the threads over at "General" should be merged. Wish I could do it myself (I've realized that I have a very minor case of OCD lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    Solving cryptic puzzles as if that is something Daft have ever done.
    Didn't get the time to address this til now, but we shouldn't generalize on the fact that they've never done anything cryptic before into it being a Daft no-no.

I mean, yeah, they did state "What you see is what you get." during the post-Alive 2007 live chat, but look at Wee Waa's RAM party. Tickets were being sold to the event out of the blue, with the hint of it being Daft-related was very vague and outright shady. Some people who bought tickets on day one were sceptical, some felt it was the 2003 "book the duo as your club DJs" scam all over again. But then the duo stated on a radio interview that the event was genuine, and that it was RAM's launch event.
    Last edited by Aero5555; 16th Jan 2017 at 12:33.

4. Like Baconboy likes this post
  5. Rep:

With how many Daft Punk fans there are and how Daft Punk have earned their place as having one of the most anticipated live shows of all time, you'd think people would know better than to get their hopes up over some cryptic YouTube video posted by a literally who account.

So many people posted articles about that dumb video, including BILLBOARD AND ESQUIRE. Why has nobody thought for a moment to hold off before losing their minds. It blows my mind that people get this easily worked up over this kind of stuff.

6. Like Firefly likes this post
  7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    Regardless, the threads over at "General" should be merged. Wish I could do it myself (I've realized that I have a very minor case of OCD lol.)

Didn't get the time to address this til now, but we shouldn't generalize on the fact that they've never done anything cryptic before into it being a Daft no-no.

I mean, yeah, they did state "What you see is what you get." during the post-Alive 2007 live chat, but look at Wee Waa's RAM party. Tickets were being sold to the event out of the blue, with the hint of it being Daft-related was very vague and outright shady. Some people who bought tickets on day one were sceptical, some felt it was the 2003 "book the duo as your club DJs" scam all over again. But then the duo stated on a radio interview that the event was genuine, and that it was RAM's launch event.
    By the time tickets went on sale for Wee Waa, it was absolutely confirmed as an official event. It was only up in the air for a 24 hour period, when Triple J prematurely broke the story.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    By the time tickets went on sale for Wee Waa, it was absolutely confirmed as an official event.
    Please source me to it being confirmed official from day one of ticket sales. That's not how I recall it.

TDC users bought tickets and where stating "I now have [tickets] to an event in the middle of nowhere to whatever it's supposed to be about Daft" or something to that effect. That was until Triple J (or whatever station) confirmed the tickets are legitimately for RAM's launch.

If I had the time, I'd look up the quotes of said users. I'm positive they're on here on some thread.

9. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Please source me to it being confirmed official from day one of ticket sales. That's not how I recall it.

TDC users bought tickets and where stating "I now have [tickets] to an event in the middle of nowhere to whatever it's supposed to be about Daft" or something to that effect. That was until Triple J (or whatever station) confirmed the tickets are legitimately for RAM's launch.

If I had the time, I'd look up the quotes of said users. I'm positive they're on here on some thread.
    sa actually bought tickets himself and was there. he was the one who started the wee waa thread iirc.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

10. Like something awesome likes this post
  11. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    sa actually bought tickets himself and was there. he was the one who started the wee waa thread iirc.
    Again, kindly read the quote on the previous post. They didn't know what it was about until after the tickets were bought. It wasn't explicitly stated it was for RAM til a day or so after.

12. Rep:

Here: http://pitchfork.com/news/50248-conf...waa-australia/

Confirmed in an article released on April 9th, 2013 that Wee Waa was an official Daft Punk event. Tickets went on sale April 12th. So, yes, from day one people buying tickets knew what it was and that it was for real. I also know that Something Awesome attended the show and purchased tickets for it, and I trust his version of what happened.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 21st Jan 2017 at 00:26.

13. Like Jin, Baconboy, something awesome, piroteki likes this post
  14. Rep:

I'm positive the tickets were sold before the 12th. You know my memory. Whatever.

And just for the sake of it, whoever posted that rep comment needs to get a life. For one thing, it's users. and secondly, politely asking for something for one's own knowledge is now somehow taken as a demand and treating everyone like idiots. #Logic

The fact that you went as far as posting that anonymously, let alone lash out on a wall of text, just proves to me that you need to get your priorities straight.

And people ask me why I quit. Well, there you go.

15. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

I'm positive the tickets were sold before the 12th. You know my memory. Whatever.

And just for the sake of it, whoever posted that rep comment needs to get a life. For one thing, it's users. and secondly, politely asking for something for one's own knowledge is now somehow taken as a demand and treating everyone like idiots. #Logic

The fact that you went as far as posting that anonymously, let alone lash out on a wall of text, just proves to me that you need to get your priorities straight.

And people ask me why I quit. Well, there you go.
    if you cared enough to dispute the claim, i don't see why you didn't look for a source yourself, though. sa had personal experience being there that was confirmed by both me and ifc. personally speaking, it's extremely frustrating when other people don't believe me when i speak about things have personal experience with.

since this is just a casual forum and not a formal or academic setting, the burden of sourcing isn't necessarily expected for the person making the original statement (unless it's something really extravagant, like breaking news that's not yet public or something). with the amount of coverage wee waa had, it'd be pretty easy to google sources on your own instead of asking others to provide it. but that could just be my interpretation.

as an aside, publicly complaining about rep comments is generally frowned upon. if you have an issue with a comment or think it was abusive, please contact the mod team privately.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast