Tags:
muchat,
star wars
  1. Rep:
    Exclamation

Star Wars: Episode 8 - The Last Jedi

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    There are fewer than 11 months until the next Star Wars movie. Time for a title. And, now we have one.

Disney unveiled the official name for the next episode of the Star Wars saga, and it's a return to Jedi. "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" is the direct follow-up to 2015's "The Force Awakens."

"We have the greatest fans in this or any other galaxy," the announcement reads. "In appreciation of the fans, we wanted them to be the first to know the title of the next chapter in the Skywalker saga:

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Does "The Last Jedi" mean one Jedi, or several? The tricky thing about Jedi is it can work in singular or plural. Unlike "The Force Awakens," which had its first trailer debut over a year before release, no "Last Jedi" trailer has emerged yet.

"The Last Jedi" will be the second to last movie in the beloved saga that started with the release of the original "Star Wars" 40 years ago. The original trio was followed by three prequels. The sequel trilogy, which is set 30 years after the end of the original movies, began with the release of "The Force Awakens."

"The Last Jedi" is directed by Rian Johnson, whose last film was the wild sci-fi time travel thriller "Looper." Episode VIII should have a nonstop dose of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, along with the cast of "The Force Awakens" -- and, a few newcomers like Laura Dern and Benicio del Toro. The movie will also feature the late Carrie Fisher.

Discuss:
    - Will Luke die in this film?
    - Will we learn the identity of Rey's parents?
    - Who is Snoke?
    - That red logo...

Update: The Teaser Trailer released:
    Last edited by something awesome; 5th Jun 2017 at 07:06.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

2. Like Conn6orSuper117 likes this post
  3. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Re: Star Wars: Episode 8 - The Last Jedi

choo choo! all aboard the hype train, mutherfukkaas!!

kinda sad i'll likely not be able to watch this one with my bf, tho... :/ we saw VII together as part of our 1 year anniversary (in part 'cause we watched the trailer on our first date) [/nerdsss]
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    choo choo! all aboard the hype train, mutherfukkaas!!

kinda sad i'll likely not be able to watch this one with my bf, tho... :/ we saw VII together as part of our 1 year anniversary (in part 'cause we watched the trailer on our first date) [/nerdsss]
    Ah, that is a shame. Star Wars has been an important thing for my family since I was born, and seeing The Force Awakens and then Rogue One more recently (both 6 times each) in theatre with my Dad was a very special thing - we have an important Star Wars relationship. I feel like its a narrative that has really become an important family experience and a generational thing that is handed down.

Wee Waa

5. Like Firefly, piroteki likes this post
  6. Rep:

PALPATINE IS SNOKE

mark my words folks
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Fundave View Post
    PALPATINE IS SNOKE

mark my words folks

Snoke being Palpatine would negate the narrative of the whole 1-6 saga - Anakin's path as the chosen one, bringing balance to the force.
    Ed1: There are other reasons, like those in the vid above, but Snoke is also not a Sith, and unrelated from the Order of the Sith. If Snoke was Palpatine in any way, his goal would be to re-instate the Sith order and create a Sith apprentice. Remember - You can deal with the Dark Side without being a Sith. There are only a few of them in canonical history.
    Last edited by something awesome; 24th Jan 2017 at 13:07.

Wee Waa

8. Rep:

That's all good and well, i just have a single question for you:

Have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plaguesis the Wise?
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

9. Like Firefly, john_marston, M3311, piroteki likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Fundave View Post
    That's all good and well, i just have a single question for you:

Have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plaguesis the Wise?
    https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/sta...262465?lang=en

Wee Waa

11. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    Ah, that is a shame. Star Wars has been an important thing for my family since I was born, and seeing The Force Awakens and then Rogue One more recently (both 6 times each) in theatre with my Dad was a very special thing - we have an important Star Wars relationship. I feel like its a narrative that has really become an important family experience and a generational thing that is handed down.
    oh yeah, it's def a family thing for me, too! my dad is a big ol' nerd, he even kept his Star Wars bedsheets he bought when the original trilogy was out (and at that time he was an adult in the military lol), my brothers are also into it. i remember when we (technically my brother i guess) were first gifted the original trilogy in that VHS box set. lol my brothers had a bunch of the Polly-Pocket-esque toys of the various ships and a Hoth playset, and the other action figures, etc. N64 podracing game was my 10-year-old jam. lol

i guess i just have stronger connection with the sequel trilogy and my bf. the original trilogy (and prequels... i guess...) are more of a family thing. though i did i saw Rouge One with my dad, one of my brothers, and my best friend, which was pretty gr8.

star wars: bringin' people together. d'awww.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

12. Like something awesome likes this post
  13. Rep:

Wee Waa

14. Rep:

I'm really conflicted on whether or not I should see this one in the theater or just wait until my sister probably buys it so I don't have to pay to see it, haha. I'm one of those cranky Star Wars purists that'll only watch the unaltered original trilogy. At first I had no interest in seeing The Force Awakens and resisted watching it for a long time, but I eventually caved and gave it a go. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but still, I don't think it was a good movie and it doesn't make me want to see Episodes 8 and 9.

But man, I love Mark Hamill and Luke Skywalker and the idea that he'll hopefully be a central character in Episode 8 (whose braindead idea was it to only have him for 30 seconds at the end of Episode 7 anyway?) makes me more interested in seeing the movie. Even The Guyver is kind of worth watching because Mark Hamill is in it.

I wonder what they'll do with Princess Leia in Episode 8. They're going to have to write her out somehow now that Carrie Fisher is gone. It would be pretty tacky if they recast her or used CGI or something. I was very disappointed in how they handled Han Solo in The Force Awakens; he was such an integral part of the original trilogy and in the latest movie he was just a throwaway character. I really hope they don't kill off Luke in The Last Jedi. It would be interesting if by episode 9, he was the last one standing of the original group. I know Episodes 7-9 should be about the new characters and not the old ones, but to be honest the only one I found interesting was Finn.

Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    oh yeah, it's def a family thing for me, too! my dad is a big ol' nerd, he even kept his Star Wars bedsheets he bought when the original trilogy was out (and at that time he was an adult in the military lol), my brothers are also into it. i remember when we (technically my brother i guess) were first gifted the original trilogy in that VHS box set. lol my brothers had a bunch of the Polly-Pocket-esque toys of the various ships and a Hoth playset, and the other action figures, etc. N64 podracing game was my 10-year-old jam. lol

i guess i just have stronger connection with the sequel trilogy and my bf. the original trilogy (and prequels... i guess...) are more of a family thing. though i did i saw Rouge One with my dad, one of my brothers, and my best friend, which was pretty gr8.

star wars: bringin' people together. d'awww.
    I agree with both of you about Star Wars being a family thing. I grew up watching it mostly with my sister and my dad. My dad loved the movies but he liked to make snide comments every now and then. Like on A New Hope where Luke and Uncle Owen are talking about the harvest, my dad would say "What the hell are you harvesting out there, sand?" Or when the storm troopers attack the Lars homestead, he said "Well, that's the end of Uncle Owen's bitching." And on Return of the Jedi, when Vader's not doing so well and breathing hard, he said "Smokin' too many cigarettes." Just the way he said it was so funny, we'd just about die laughing.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 30th Jan 2017 at 20:27.

15. Like Avocados and Baguettes likes this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast