1. Rep:
    Exclamation

Daft Punk "Pop-Up Shop" in LA Next Week

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    https://www.facebook.com/daftpunk/ph...type=3&theater

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...p-shop-w465432

The Rolling Stone article says they will have their helmets on display. We need to go and take reference pictures.

2. Rep:

Re: Daft Punk "Pop-Up Shop" in LA Next Week

But seriously....meh? Like....who are they appealing to here? This just doesn't feel right. Unless this is the final merch thing they do but who knows.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

3. Like melrobin likes this post
  4. Rep:

I Agree! Please anyone who lives in the Area, I am asking you among the many fans like me, to please take at least 10,000 photos of the props on display. This is the opportunity to get some of the best reference shots of the helmets and hopefully more costume pieces (discovery).
    Last edited by NathansPROPS; 7th Feb 2017 at 22:10.

5. Rep:

Yes Please! Anyone from LA here? is it possible for photos? would love to know what they are selling. 4 days till the Grammys!

6. Like melrobin, lunard-ying, Julikitty likes this post
  7. Rep:

I guess this will be pretty cool, but it's annoying that for the past 3 years all they have done is sell new things... at least we have the grammies
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

8. Like piroteki, melrobin, Baconboy likes this post
  9. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Fundave View Post
    I guess this will be pretty cool, but it's annoying that for the past 3 years all they have done is sell new things... at least we have the grammies
    I've always hoped it's been to build up funds for something big, but....tbh...I don't even know anymore when stuff like this happens.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

10. Like melrobin likes this post
  11. Rep:

I'm sorry but screw this. Yeah, we know you're older, but I'm kinda sick and tired of seeing you guys sell out.

What happened to the motto "It'll always be the music first"? As if the pricing on your website wasn't enough.

I'm done giving props for these kinda endeavors. I join the chorus of #JustStickToTheMusic .

12. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    I've always hoped it's been to build up funds for something big, but....tbh...I don't even know anymore when stuff like this happens.
    That's what I've always hoped for, too, like they're using the merch to help finance future projects (whether its an album, movie, tour, or something completely different.) Like you I've felt iffy on the whole idea because everything is really overpriced and it's not even quality stuff. I've heard reports about recent merch having a lot of imperfections, not being delivered on time, etc.

But this isn't something we've really had to deal with before. It seems like the big push to release merch happened not long after RAM's release with the special edition of the album (which I kind of suckered myself into buying, lol.) Before that there wasn't much in the way of merch except for stuff like the bearbricks or real action heroes. There really isn't any precedent so it's hard saying how this will all pan out. Selling all this merch and now this pop up shop thing are somewhat off-putting as a concept, but at the same time I believe in them and that this will lead to something good in the future.

It's cool that they're putting stuff on display, though. I would totally drive down there and take pics if I were able, but my traveling days are over

13. Like CherieD'Amoure, piroteki, melrobin likes this post
  14. Rep:

I actually am very excited for this idea and I think it's great! Less emphasis on the merch more emphasis on their history via the old helmets, objects etc. And also the collaborations they're doing are with some of the biggest, newer names in fashion at the moment - primarily Gosha! I am only sad that they're not doing it in Paris where it would make much more sense, but I think this is a Grammy's tie in.

My feeling is that there will be an announcement of some kind!

15. Like NathansPROPS likes this post
  16. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by ifcwdjd View Post
    That's what I've always hoped for, too, like they're using the merch to help finance future projects (whether its an album, movie, tour, or something completely different.) Like you I've felt iffy on the whole idea because everything is really overpriced and it's not even quality stuff. I've heard reports about recent merch having a lot of imperfections, not being delivered on time, etc.

But this isn't something we've really had to deal with before. It seems like the big push to release merch happened not long after RAM's release with the special edition of the album (which I kind of suckered myself into buying, lol.) Before that there wasn't much in the way of merch except for stuff like the bearbricks or real action heroes. There really isn't any precedent so it's hard saying how this will all pan out. Selling all this merch and now this pop up shop thing are somewhat off-putting as a concept, but at the same time I believe in them and that this will lead to something good in the future.

It's cool that they're putting stuff on display, though. I would totally drive down there and take pics if I were able, but my traveling days are over
    I agree this is what I have hoped for too that they're using the merch to help finance major projects as you have stated. It does seem iffy to me as well I was going to get some merchandise a while back then I saw how expensive the prices were, & hearing that the stuff isn't good quality so in the end I decided not to bother. It's a shame because if it was reasonably priced & knew that the merch would be good quality I would definitely purchase some items.

The pop up shop thing is off-putting to me too & I hope that its just a last minute attempt at getting funds for something big. That been said I would also go & check it out to see the stuff on display think would be great to see. If I lived in the states anywhere near LA I would definitely go, and check it out although don't think I'd end up buying anything lol. Really hope they don't just perform at the Grammys though then that's it for months I really hope not otherwise i'll cry lol
    Last edited by melrobin; 8th Feb 2017 at 11:08.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast