1. Rep:
    Question

Two Questions about Site Functionality

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Hello guys! It's notArpegius here. Today I have one questions regarding site's functions. (It was originally two, but one was solved.)
    The question is, what is even the purpose of "level" section in user profile? Something you notice in all TDC member's profiles is, under "Digital Love" section, there is something "Level up completed". On literally everyone's profile it says:
    Level up completed 99%
    Points required 0
    Is anyone aware of the purpose? If no, that's fine, this was just out of curiosity.

Thanks,
    notArpegius (aka Claire)
    Last edited by notArpegius; 18th Feb 2017 at 19:50.

2. Like Fundave likes this post
  3. Rep:

Re: Two Questions about Site Functionality

The level up feature isn't being used by the forum. I think it was something that came with the Digital Love program, but spud didn't activate it. Don't worry, it says the same thing on everyone's profile

As for the rep, how do you mean when you say it stayed the same? Are you talking about the green rep bar underneath your username, or are you talking about the amount of points in your Digital Love list? If it's the bar, it takes quite a few points to lose or gain a green bar, so it's not unusual if it stayed the same after you received a downrep. If you're talking about the actual points not going down, that's strange. I'd say it was a glitch or something.

Certain members of the forum have more rep power (amount of points) than others. If you have a high amount of rep points (lots of green bars under a username,) then you have more points. Moderators also have a high amount of points. For example, my rep power is 33 because I used to be a mod and also I have a high number of rep points, so if I were to give someone rep, it would either add or subtract 33 points at a time. On the other hand, someone who doesn't have a lot of rep points might only be able to give 1 or 2 points at a time. Maybe someone with a low amount of rep power downrepped you?

You can view your reputation stats if you go to the top of the forum, and on the upper right hand side of the screen, click "Settings." The page it takes you to lists the latest reputation you've received, and also the reputation you've given. That might be a little more helpful than the Digital Love list.

But if you do think you've been downrepped unfairly or something crazy is going on with your account, send a PM to a mod and ask them to look into it for you.

Also, there is an infraction section in the Digital Love list, but you have to actually receive an infraction for it to appear. Infractions are separate from the rep system, and only mods can give them out if you've done something bad or broken the rules.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 18th Feb 2017 at 20:07.

4. Like piroteki, notArpegius likes this post
  5. Rep:

Oh, I see.

About the rep thing, I didn't lose a green bar. Previously, I was having problems because I was meant to of receive a downrep/infraction (I don't know the difference >///<), as I had receive a message about it, but nothing had happened. But later on I lost points so it's solved now. PS, thanks for explaining everything!

EDIT: I think it actually was an infraction, either that or someone with a high "rep power" derepped me. I'm confused about that, but I'm going to go and read the Reputation thread for more information about it.

6. Rep:

Ah, like you said there was probably a delay in the points registering on your profile, which in itself is weird because usually reputation is instantaneous. If you lost points on your reputation, then it definitely wasn't an infraction. I'm sure if a mod gave you an infraction, they would notify you directly in a thread or through PM and ask you to stop what you were doing or else you would receive an infraction. But if you get a downrep (or someone adds to your rep,) you do get a notification the same way you do if someone "likes" your post.

There are different kinds of infractions. Less serious ones just deduct points from your profile (your total user points, not your reputation points.) If you get a more serious infraction, then your username can actually be blocked on the forum for an amount of time determined by the moderator, and you can't log into it until the infraction ends. I've seen people blocked for almost an entire year before. But you would have to be a major nuisance in order for that to happen, and the mods would try to resolve the issue with you first before issuing an infraction. So I think you're in the clear, except for the downrep.
    Last edited by ifcwdjd; 18th Feb 2017 at 23:19.

7. Like notArpegius likes this post
  8. Rep:

Oh, it makes sense now. Thanks for answering my question.

9. Like ifcwdjd likes this post
  10. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

hey just confirming i took a look at your stuff, it definitely wasn't an infraction because only mods can issue those and that's only if you'd broken some rule (usually we give out warnings before issuing an infraction anyway)

it does seem like a high-power rep user downrepped you, but imo the comment seems like it was kind of inappropriate, so if you wanted to report it for mods to review, it's possible we may discuss whether to delete that. up to you, though. in the long-term, i can assure you that it's really not going to make much of a difference to your reputation school.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

11. Rep:

Will deleting the original comment change something? Wasn't my comment, so personally am unbothered about whether or not it stays where everyone can see it... maybe PM the user who posts it or something.

12. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by notArpegius View Post
    Will deleting the original comment change something? Wasn't my comment, so personally am unbothered about whether or not it stays where everyone can see it... maybe PM the user who posts it or something.
    no one other than mods and yourself can see the comment, so you don't have to worry about that being publicly published anywhere. i don't think deleting the comment will get rid of the comment, though. i am kind of personally concerned about the comment, but i don't wanna divulge the information publicly so we might talk about it in the mod forum.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

13. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by piroteki View Post
    no one other than mods and yourself can see the comment, so you don't have to worry about that being publicly published anywhere. i don't think deleting the comment will get rid of the comment, though. i am kind of personally concerned about the comment, but i don't wanna divulge the information publicly so we might talk about it in the mod forum.
    Are we thinking of different comments? Can you post/PM me the link to the comment you are talking about?