1. Rep:

So, Tron 3's Happening

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Last edited by Aero5555; 5th Mar 2017 at 10:07.

2. Rep:

Re: So, Tron 3's Happening

i hope so read it 2 days ago. honestly i dont think daft punk is in this time.
    i think an hope they are too busy with other things at the moment

3. Rep:

This isn't Ascension, from what it looks like. Ascension was the sequel to Legacy starring Garrett Hedlund. This is probably going to be a reboot starring Leto.

The links you included in your post are not about the same film.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    The links you included in your post are not about the same film.
    The reboot claim is still a rumor. It wouldn't make sense to reboot it, anyway. It's cost efficient to make a spin-off based on Legacy, if not a direct sequel.

The OST of the second is part of the reason why it got so popular at the box office (I myself saw it twice, and bought a movie OST for the first time since I begged my dad for The Lion King's OST back in the day *Was the dopest sound I ever heard... in '94*. The fact that they released a remix album of it proves how lucrative their involvement turned out.)

Unless the duo decline, it would be a PR disaster if news got out that the production team didn't approach/rejected the idea of having them back on the composer's chair. PR in the sense that box office revenue would suffer significantly.

The reason Legacy's sequel was shoved in the first place was because too much investment was made on the Marvel franchise. And it looks like it payed off.

5. Rep:

I bloody hope not. Tron was cool and all, but it's a one trick pony for Daft Punk.

I'd much rather they'd spend their time on a proper studio album (or live show). Instead of working under ing Disney, lol

6. Like PuddingCat, piroteki likes this post
  7. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by john_marston View Post
    I'd much rather they'd spend their time on a proper studio album (or live show). Instead of working under ing Disney, lol
    Welp, sucks to be a demanding fan, I guess. We all know they do want they want (unless it's plugs like the pop-up and Sony footnotes).

If they're looking for the money, which is a priority to them nowadays, they'll go for it.

They will be publicly asked about this once pre-production starts, and publications like Pitchfork will run an article or two about it. #CallingIt

8. Rep:

I'm not looking forward to Jared Leto starring in it. Personally just don't like his acting. And I'd have to agree and say I doubt The Robots will have an involvement musically. Maybe a small cameo or nod?

9. Like Imaze likes this post
  10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post

If they're looking for the money, which is a priority to them nowadays, they'll go for it.
    Lol, you have no idea about that whatsoever. If you are referring to recent pop star collabs, they've worked with Kanye way back. And I'm sure they would've done the same, had they had the opportunities then like they have now (as they have mainstream recognition now).

But I'm pretty certain Daft Punk won't do Tron again. It goes against their philosophies (i.e. doing the same thing twice, and giving up their hard earned creative freedom to work under Disney).
    I reckon they didn't enjoy being Disney puppets one bit. I remember Busy P's rant on how Tron Legacy: R3CONF1GURED had nothing to do with Daft Punk, and was basically Disney milking their contract.

Anyway, we will see. I will be very disappointed in the boys if, after 4 years of nothing, they do another Tron soundtrack. But again, I highly doubt that they will.

11. Like Jin, PuddingCat likes this post
  12. Rep:

Oh dear Jesus, here we go again with the "money-hungry Daft Punk" thing.

Are we forgetting that a Daft Punk helmet alone costs $65,000 in USD? Where's the uproar over that? Are we forgetting Daft Punk Bearbricks? Daft Punk action figures? I could go on.

I like Daft Punk and I've acknowledged they do a lot of marketing. The whole robot look of Daft Punk is marketing!

And can we seriously stop complaining about merchandise? There was a drought of DP merch for years and now you're finally getting it. Would I personally buy a set of expensive Daft Punk snowglobes? No. But even then, come on. So hard to please...

13. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post
    Oh dear Jesus, here we go again with the "money-hungry Daft Punk" thing.

Are we forgetting that a Daft Punk helmet alone costs $65,000 in USD? Where's the uproar over that? Are we forgetting Daft Punk Bearbricks? Daft Punk action figures? I could go on.

I like Daft Punk and I've acknowledged they do a lot of marketing. The whole robot look of Daft Punk is marketing!

And can we seriously stop complaining about merchandise? There was a drought of DP merch for years and now you're finally getting it. Would I personally buy a set of expensive Daft Punk snowglobes? No. But even then, come on. So hard to please...
    you speak my mind

14. Like PuddingCat likes this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast