1. Rep:

Re: So, Tron 3's Happening

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post
    Oh dear Jesus, here we go again with the "money-hungry Daft Punk" thing.

Are we forgetting that a Daft Punk helmet alone costs $65,000 in USD? Where's the uproar over that? Are we forgetting Daft Punk Bearbricks? Daft Punk action figures? I could go on.

I like Daft Punk and I've acknowledged they do a lot of marketing. The whole robot look of Daft Punk is marketing!

And can we seriously stop complaining about merchandise? There was a drought of DP merch for years and now you're finally getting it. Would I personally buy a set of expensive Daft Punk snowglobes? No. But even then, come on. So hard to please...
    Agreed, but the globes were only like $35. That's a pretty good price tbh

2. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post
    Oh dear Jesus, here we go again with the "money-hungry Daft Punk" thing.
    You're jumping to conclusions.... Again. How the heck you interpreted any post on this thread into a rant about money exploitation is beyond me. But OK.

Funny story about the globes. I accidentally ordered two sets of them. I thought that meant one Thomas and one Guy-Man, but no, I'm a dumbass. I got four total. "So THAT's why the thing was expensive lol."

I only realized my mistake when I received my package and opened it at the office. Found two Thomas and two Guy-Man. At first I was at a loss, didn't know what to do with them. But all of a sudden, I see my colleague coming back from lunch, and I recall his wedding being a few weekends away.

I winged it and presented them to him, saying how I promised him a surprise as a congrats for the occasion. He bought the bluff, but I'm glad it unintentionally got a monkey off my back. Because I wanted to do something for him, be it a night out to dinner or a small gift.

Spreading the Daft message in the Middle East, one colleague at a time.

3. Like Firefly likes this post
  4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Aero5555 View Post
    You're jumping to conclusions.... Again. How the heck you interpreted any post on this thread into a rant about money exploitation is beyond me. But OK.

If they're looking for the money, which is a priority to them nowadays, they'll go for it.
    Jumping to conclusions, eh?

Can I ask you something? Do you realize that you come off as snide? Your whole demeanor is really unpleasing and quite frankly obnoxious. You instigate then snap at people when they call you out on your bull. Is this something you do on purpose? Are you trying to push our buttons? If so, consider my buttons to be pushed, because your high-conflict tendencies have gotten to the point where we're sick of it. Plain and simple. By the way...

but no, I'm a dumbass.
    You are not a dumb ass. You are sad. You are sad and I hope you feel better soon. I'll be praying for you.

Peace & Love.

5. Like piroteki, That guy likes this post
  6. Rep:

I'm sorry I'm offending your Gods, if that's what you mean.

I dunno what to say anymore. I'm sad cuz I'm free to express my opinion on a band I end up supporting anyway? I'm sad cuz I treat the internet like what it's supposed to be, a source of info with no reason to get personal in? I'm "high-conflict" and personal about it, when I never call anybody out for their views and just express mine in return to get a healthy discussion going? (Did I take John's lols towards my view, and insistence that Disney are slave drivers, personal? When you don't acknowledge a post, it means "Thanks for your thoughts. Let's move on.")

I'm not a bit upset nor take your view of me to heart, trust me. I'm just annoyed that you're the textbook example of why I left the community in the first place. You were very pleasant towards me just a few months ago, and now you treat me and anything I say like the plague. I have my own theory of why this happened (read the beginning statement above), and I respect that. But it's just unfortunate that you take it that way. You seem like a very pleasant guy. And I'm sorry the thought ain't mutual to you.

This is the last time I will get personal about any posts like yours towards me. Honestly? Enough is enough. It'll never be worth it. But I'm making an exception for the last time. Because, like I said, you seem pleasant. I'm truly sorry the thought ain't mutual.

Salam.
    Last edited by Aero5555; 11th Mar 2017 at 08:13.

7. Rep:

Daft Punk don't do crazy marketing at all.. Their output is just so rare that when they do literally anything we pay attention. Like..Metallica (or Katy Perry) do 50x more marketing than Daft Punk.

Having said that - I hope to god they don't reboot Tron. Fuuck.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

8. Like PuddingCat, piroteki, That guy likes this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12