Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,019
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Remove this ad: become a supporter
    What an absolutely fantastic record. Only one or two tracks that didn't quite click for me on the first listen. Thomas' input is potent... And funny after all that he did, after all, work on every track. What was up with those purported Tidal credits then?

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  2. Rep:
    Baconboy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    6,320
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On this forum, aren't I?
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Quote Originally Posted by something awesome View Post
    What an absolutely fantastic record. Only one or two tracks that didn't quite click for me on the first listen. Thomas' input is potent... And funny after all that he did, after all, work on every track. What was up with those purported Tidal credits then?
    What are you on about? He's listed as an album producer and I literally just posted which songs he's specifically credited with producing.

    Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

  3. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,019
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    What are you on about? He's listed as an album producer and I literally just posted which songs he's specifically credited with producing.
    Genius credits entered by fans =/= the credits listed in the vinyl

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  4. Rep:
    Baconboy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    6,320
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On this forum, aren't I?
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Good grief, you're irritating. The vinyl liner notes do not state specific producers for each song. It's saying in the wide sense "The lead producers are Arcade Fire, Thomas Bangalter, Steve Mackey"

    Mackey didn't produce every single track and neither did Bangalter. This has already been confirmed. "Creature Comfort" is an example of this, as Bangalter did not produce that track. This was confirmed on Genius, on multiple sites, the files from multiple digital sources. Steve Mackey himself even made an Instagram post saying he worked on it with the band and with Porishead's Geoff Barrow. I'm going to trust the actual producers of the album over your insistence to ignore clear evidence. The band could come out and say tomorrow that Bangalter did produce every track and I would stand corrected but right now there is overwhelming evidence that he only had strong input on the 4 tracks I've discussed.

    I guess there's nothing stopping you from just doing what you always do and disregard what others post about but I'm going to at least make my case.
    Last edited by Baconboy; 5th Aug 2017 at 20:09.

    Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

  5. Rep:
    something awesome's Avatar
    Posts
    4,142
    Points
    15,019
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sahara Tent, Coachella
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    Good grief, you're irritating. The vinyl liner notes do not state specific producers for each song. It's saying in the wide sense "The lead producers are Arcade Fire, Thomas Bangalter, Steve Mackey"

    Mackey didn't produce every single track and neither did Bangalter. This has already been confirmed. "Creature Comfort" is an example of this, as Bangalter did not produce that track. This was confirmed on Genius, on multiple sites, the files from multiple digital sources. Steve Mackey himself even made an Instagram post saying he worked on it with the band and with Porishead's Geoff Barrow. I'm going to trust the actual producers of the album over your insistence to ignore clear evidence. The band could come out and say tomorrow that Bangalter did produce every track and I would stand corrected but right now there is overwhelming evidence that he only had strong input on the 4 tracks I've discussed.

    I guess there's nothing stopping you from just doing what you always do and disregard what others post about but I'm going to at least make my case.
    hey hey hey, don't freak out. That is good evidence. This has been unclear for a while. I didn't interpret his credit in the liner notes as referencing specific tracks, but I totally see your logic here. At the same time, there's the evidence I posted in this thread a few weeks back with most major publications running the story 'T bang is actually on every single EN track' - This was never corrected by the band or anyone close to them, it came across like each publication was rewording a press release from the band/label.
    About the individual song credits, a lot of folks on Reddit are under the impression he is listed on the 4 tracks you mention because he 'performed' on them (synth work on EN, for example). I reckon undoubtedly he had more influence over some tracks compared to others, but don't call me delusional here, there's strong evidence for either point of view at the moment.

    Wee Waa
    17.5.13
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

  6. Rep:
    Baconboy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    6,320
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On this forum, aren't I?
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Except no one is thinking that he worked on those 4 tracks because he played on them. He only performed music on 2 tracks (synth on EN, programming on PYMOM). Electric Blue and Signs of Life don't have him playing any instruments. I think the band took some nearly completed songs to Thomas to see what he could do with them. We know Electric Blue was partially recorded at Daft Punk's Gang Studio in Paris but Signs of Life was mostly recorded in New Orleans.

    I think Thomas was more of an overseer over certain key songs, honing the message as Win talked about in his interview with Zane Lowe, creating the feel of the album out of those tracks rather than working/overseeing the entire tracklist.

    EDIT: Thanks for the negative reputation btw.
    Last edited by Baconboy; 6th Aug 2017 at 19:27.

    Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

  7. Rep:
    Baconboy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    6,320
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On this forum, aren't I?
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    TIDAL has confirmed that Bangalter only produced "Everything Now," "Signs of Life," "Electric Blue," and "Put Your Money On Me."

    Wikipedia also recently updated.

    Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

  8. Rep:
    Posts
    1,318
    Points
    3,408
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Default

    Re: Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (prod. by Thomas Bangalter)

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconboy View Post
    I was at work when the song played on the radio (I was tuned into BBC Radio 1) and I thought was fantastic. Immediately I checked Twitter to see the headline that Thomas had produced it.

    I nearly spit out my drink when I saw he was producing the entire album (and I literally did jump out of my seat and clap a couple of times).
    I'd have done the same hahaha But in my case, I heard it on YouTube almost by mistake, but there was something on the sound that cought me up, and searching the root of it, there he was, a Thomas collab ^_^

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. HopeBiscuit "BroLita" Thomas Bangalter Timelapse/Tutorial
    By antski in forum Daft Punk Helmets - Tutorials, Tips and your Helmets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th Jul 2015, 04:41
  2. Bangalter scoring art film "First Point"
    By Ridley in forum Thomas & Guy Side Projects
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 15th Jul 2012, 10:55
  3. DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangalter mix of "Call on Me"?
    By Baloo in forum Thomas & Guy Side Projects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th Apr 2010, 22:15