Tags:
chrome,
helmet,
paint
  1. Default

Alternative Paint jobs

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    First post!

I've spent quite a bit of time making authentic lightwork for my Guy and Thomas helmets and I originally had my heart set on a near-perfect replica however I'm really not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars to get two helmets professionally chromed.

So if I can't have my perfect replica I figure why not get weird with it? On the less weird side I saw a Guy helmet with a glitter finish that I actually really liked. On the more weird side I was thinking about a patched metal rusty post-apocalyptic look (using metal tape or cut up beer cans). I saw the post about the disco ball helmets which is kind of cool.

Anyone have any ideas for non-chrome paint jobs? Or better yet pictures!

Thanks!
    Gabe

2. Rep:

Re: Alternative Paint jobs

One of my favorite alternate takes on the helmets was Sorenzo Prop's Adidas crossover.

I fetched the image from his instagram, so you should check him out here.

I've always loved his work. And with Adidas being one of my favorite clothing companies for several years this was just pure eye candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by axelF View Post
    I let the rubberband do the magic.

3. Rep:

White paint looks pretty good!
    https://youtu.be/QRmruLQ_ens
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexPlusLEDs
    LED kits for sale: http://alexplusleds.com/

4. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by zer0g View Post
    One of my favorite alternate takes on the helmets was Sorenzo Prop's Adidas crossover.

I've always loved his work. And with Adidas being one of my favorite clothing companies for several years this was just pure eye candy.
    I love this! Maybe not exactly what I'm going for my current project but I really like the branding idea.

I checked out his instagram. Dope.

5. Rep:

What about swapping the colors? Like making Thomas gold and Guy-man silver. I think it would look really interesting.

If not that, then how about doing some type of cool patern? Like a gray cameo for Thomas or for Guy-man, keep it white but have the gold paint look like it's pouring from the top. Those are just my ideas.

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by zer0g View Post

This is totally cool and looks easy to make.I just finished installing the bushwacker fender flare on my truck and painted it glossy black. I was thinking to use the remaining paint for the helmet body.