Tags:
jeezy,
muchat,
whank
  1. Rep:

Re: Forum is Dead

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Its gotta be soon though that we find out about what is next from Daft Punk. I mean seriously. On average between album releases there is about 2-4 years so yes, this is basically a drought right now since RAM was 2013 and we're on the cusp of 2018. But we got to see DP at the Grammys this year which was sweet, and I wont be surprised at all if their next big thing is in 2018, and then this place will probably be hoppin again!
    Daft Punk Aspiring Megafan

"It's not about getting it done, it's about doin' it right"

2. Rep:

I've never seen TDC as 'dead' as it is now, not gonna lie. The fact that it got hacked and filled with spam definitely didn't help.

Big news from Daft Punk is the only thing that'll get the forum back on track. But I don't think we'll see activity like in the past.

3. Rep:

This is the biggest drought we've ever had as fans. I've been pretty vocal about that recently. We've gotten some cool Thomas/Guy features as well as 3 DP collab songs but it's still the longest period of time we've had without news of some kind of project the duo is working on.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

4. Rep:

I think the gaps between albums will only grow bigger. They're not in their late teens/early 20s anymore, with all the equipment in your bedroom, and no commitments or expectations; nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Now they have families, a lot of wealth/capital to manage, and are older. Plus, expectations are higher than ever.

5. Rep:

It's almost as if I am supposed to wave a good-bye to the forum. Still remember lurking since 2009ish, those were THE times.

6. Rep:

Bloody hell. I logged in for the first time in almost a year, and this is what I see.

It's sad, truly. I miss all of you, even though most of you won't/don't remember me.

Even if the Forum is in a hibernated state, being an obsessed 14 year old and finding a place where other people shared my interests will always be a special memory for me.

Love you all and this website.
    Until a 5th Album.
    ​~ i am cool ~

7. Rep:

I always figured new activity from the boys would get this place going again. Perhaps not with all of us, but a new wave of users that stumble upon the site as album news bubbles up in the future. I pop in for curiosity's sake every now and then to read threads and helmet drama lol. A giant reason why I was inactive for a couple years was because life kinda just happened and there was nothing new since RAM. I doubt we can get back to those early 2010s glory years though. Cathy used to be one of my best friends on here since we lived near each other and now that I think about it we kinda just went to uni and went on with life. Still love all the memories.

Plus, I have Aden, Sam, Dave, Cathy, Adam, Scott, Justice, Maverick, etc, etc, on social media so maybe it doesn't quite make me think that anyone is gone forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by axelF View Post
    I let the rubberband do the magic.

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbeh View Post
    Bloody hell. I logged in for the first time in almost a year, and this is what I see.

It's sad, truly. I miss all of you, even though most of you won't/don't remember me.

Even if the Forum is in a hibernated state, being an obsessed 14 year old and finding a place where other people shared my interests will always be a special memory for me.

Love you all and this website.
    Until a 5th Album.
    Plastic knife!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zer0g View Post
    Plus, I have Aden, Sam, Dave, Cathy, Adam, Scott, Justice, Maverick, etc, etc, on social media so maybe it doesn't quite make me think that anyone is gone forever.
    I'm gonna need to add you

9. Rep:

I definitely have good memories lurking in between 2009-2010, as a kid in his mid-teens, to then finally join the fun. Good times, even during the numerous droughts between Alive 2007 and RAM (though Tron was pretty exciting).

Activity boosted back up around RAM, but it felt like a brief blast of TDC past, as it all seemed to die relatively soon after RAM. But tbf, this current drought is pretty insane (as I don't really care for a few collabs on other artists' tracks)

In a way I used to be an 'active & on-going DP fan'. Now, it's like I forget about the duo until something newsworthy pops up.
    Last edited by john_marston; 10th Nov 2017 at 23:28.

10. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post
    Plastic knife!!!
    Holy , the memories.

I just had nostalgia for a website about two robots who make music and hide out for years on end.

This world is somethin' alright.

About social media, I remember there was a skype group but that was always sorta -iffy.

Hit me up if ya want on the social medias n stuff.

Edit: After scrolling through page after page, I finally found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post
    u better watch out i have a weapon

beautiful
    Last edited by Robbeh; 21st Nov 2017 at 05:24.
    ​~ i am cool ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast