Tags:
jeezy,
muchat,
whank
  1. Rep:
    Unhappy

Forum is Dead

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    TDC has ostensibly died. Mods and admin have abandoned posts.

Spud, it is up to you to fix the issues highlighted if this community is ever gonna come back from this state. People are tired of coming here and being spammed with prompts to download Trojans and dodgy material, all the spam threads, unsecured form warnings, formatting issues - the list goes on, and is documented in detail in 'The Site' section.

It's sad to see how it's become, and that this could have been prevented. This is not a cyclical thing regarding album or tour releases, there are thriving Daft communities today over at Anthology and Reddit, where basic site needs are taken care of.

Wee Waa
    Random Access Memories - Worldwide Album Launch

2. Rep:

Re: Forum is Dead

give us a break mate, we're in the midst of basically the longest ever DP project drought, what do you expect. You can't lay the blame on Spud, the mods or a few minor site issues.

edit: i banned the spammer and deleted his threads.
    Last edited by Fundave; 3rd Nov 2017 at 13:41.
    Thomas Bangalter on EDM - "Maybe it's just one guy called Eric David Morris."
    http://www.facebook.com/davidboin95
    https://soundcloud.com/fundave

3. Rep:

https://www.thedaftclub.com/forum/sh...our-dad-single

as has been addressed, site issues are not at all minor, and seem to effect new users more than those with access to the Mod CP.

CherieD'Amoure and Fundave are the only mods who have logged into their accounts in since late June - But there's only so much mods can do deleting spam threads every day, when the greater issue is the site's viruses and so on.

There are 200 people online on TDC right now, lurking, who haven't made an account. It didn't used to be that sparse - And I suggest the pop ups and auto-downloads the site generates is part of the reason people aren't signing up.
    Last edited by something awesome; 3rd Nov 2017 at 14:02.

Wee Waa

4. Rep:

Would it be possible to get some more mods?
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexPlusLEDs
    LED kits for sale: http://alexplusleds.com/

5. Rep:

you guys can move to a different site like reddit. it might not be so tightly woven there but the discord is an exception. people there go and talk there everyday. im even on there!

6. Rep:

look SA, this isn't even me trying to be nitpicky anymore, but i think it's time to move on. you mentioned these thriving communities outside of here? make a residence there. it's no use trying to revive this place now. to use the oft-repeated sentiment, people have jobs, school, families, etc... and yes, the lack of DP activity.

don't take this as criticism. in fact it's quite the opposite. i say this with good intent. i think it's best to say farewell to this place for now. i've met some great people and had fun discussions but sadly all good things must come to an end.

peace and good vibes

7. Rep:

Yeah... I've mainly not been here because there's really nothing going on. I've just got back from travelling the US for three months and I reckon I'd still have been just as active if I hadn't. The only thing keeping me going in this fandom lately is all the fan art on tumblr. I live for that stuff. Spud's just had another kid so I think it's fair to say this site has been handed its death sentence.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

8. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by PuddingCat View Post

look SA, this isn't even me trying to be nitpicky anymore, but i think it's time to move on. you mentioned these thriving communities outside of here? make a residence there. it's no use trying to revive this place now. to use the oft-repeated sentiment, people have jobs, school, families, etc... and yes, the lack of DP activity.

don't take this as criticism. in fact it's quite the opposite. i say this with good intent. i think it's best to say farewell to this place for now. i've met some great people and had fun discussions but sadly all good things must come to an end.

peace and good vibes
    I am pretty active on the reddit, and our fb group pops up whenever relevant news is around. But none of them are as good an archive or sectioned community as this site - even sadder is that there's a loyal user base who could be on here, if the site was functional

Wee Waa

9. Rep:

I mean, I'll keep posting updates as they happen because I enjoy it. But yeah no one's here. Back when Gust of Wind dropped people went nuts but when Overnight or even I Feel It Coming came out no one gave af.

Sig made by AndySocks from Reddit

10. Rep:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast