1. Rep:

Anyone into music recording and mixing

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. (If not, sorry for that)

Recently I have developed a new passion for music recording and creation but I have no idea what to do and where to start. So, I am here looking for some advice on what software should I go for as a newbie. I watched some youtube videos on this subject and they were suggesting softwares like Audacity, Logic pro X, garageband, FL studio, walk band, etc.

I am not sure which of these software would be an ideal choice for a beginner.

​​​​​​​Any suggestions?

2. Rep:

Re: Anyone into music recording and mixing

For a beginner if you ask me I would suggest you to go for Gargeband and then slowly move towards more advanced DAW like Reaper, Ableton, Logic Pro X, etc. It is simple to use and has an easy interface with lots of in-built instruments and mixing features.

I am currently using Reaper on my windows system I wish I could use garageband on my windows system but it is only designed for MacOS right? Or is there a way to run it on Windows?
    Last edited by alexawiliams784; 3rd May 2020 at 12:49. Reason: Little Offtopic answer

3. Rep:

Re: Anyone into music recording and mixing

Thank You for your 2 cents on this matter and I have a macOS system with me as well so I can start with GarageBand straight away.

That exactly what my plan is. I want to start with some basics you know mixing and editing multiple pre-recorded tracks and then move to other domains as well.

I don't think you can run macOS apps on any other operating system, at least I have never tried this but Google has a different take on this, read this article, it could be of some help.

But I would suggest that it is better to do things how they are supposed to be done. Buy a Macbook.