1. Rep:

Kavinsky

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    OK, I remember an old thread about Kavinsky, but I can't find it now !sad

Oh well, I made another one. I didn't even know he had a video for Testarossa Autodrive (my favorite Kavinsky tracks).

For those that haven't seen the video, it's pretty awesome

Testarossa Autodrive Video

As far as Kavinsky's music, I only like a couple of them: Wayfarer and Testarossa Autodrive (I love that song). After hearing Dead Cruiser a couple of times, I don't think it's anything special (maybe I need to hear it more time so it can grow on me).

Grand Canyon is kinda mediocre, IMO. Can anyone else recommend other cool Kavinsky tracks?

2. Rep:

I can't remember exactly, but there was a song in the LA show that was awesome and pump me badly, let me search for it diego and i might sned it to you.

3. Rep:

That music video art style was pretty awesome. Too bad the song wasn't as good IMO. It reminds me too much of 80's music.
    To be honest, I don't really like any of Kavinsky's tracks. When he was DJing at the Daft Punk concert, I wasn't really into and neither was the people around me.

But that's just me.

4. Rep:

kavinsky's tracks are hit and miss.

Oh come on Ujio, you don't like the track? I think it's Kavinsky's best track; maybe it's because I love music from the 80s

Daniel, yeah, any cool tracks you're willing to recommend are appreciated

5. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

yeah, i wasn't that into Kavinsky at the show either... i don't mind the 80s thing, i just couldn't really get into it. :/ then again, i haven't really listened to enough of his stuff, to differentiate...
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

6. Rep:

(LA SHOW)
    No one really cared about what was going on with those two, it was just like... music, cool, okay whatever.
    Then Ratatat came on, (I <3 Them) and after they said DP is up next, so we all go crazy. Then the two come back on, and we are like, whatever man DP is moments away. Sebastian started his Killing In The Name Of Mix, which the crowd really liked, from then on, they started sounding better and better, probably because of DP anticipation.

7. Rep:

Kavinsky kicked major ass live at the after parties! I got all his tracks and they are alright... but when you get them live at the after party, forget about it! In Chicago I was drunk and was loving it.... in Toronto I was sober and was loving it...

See the man spin live... and not as a DP warm up. I mean, come on... seeing anyone before DP just don't get it done. Afterwards though, he spins the mad tracks!

8. Rep:

Maybe you're right detroitXL; maybe Kavinsky's better in afterparties.

In LA, people were pumped with some tracks from SebastiAn & Kavinsky, like Ross Ross Ross, Walkman, and Killing in the Name Of remix.

As for me, I was enjoying those tunes, AND I was also enjoying Greel, Testarossa Overdrive (SebastiAn Remix), Signatune (TB Edit). I guess not many people have heard those tunes...

Still, it was expected. It's obvious SebastiAn & Kavinsky are not known worldwide like DP; I mean, DP started in 1993, they had their first commercial hit with Da Funk a couple of years later. Just give SebastiAn & Kavinsky a couple of years

9. Rep:

[quote1187306397=godiecool]
    Just give SebastiAn & Kavinsky a couple of years
    [/quote1187306397]

Especially SebasiAn... that man rocks the party HARD! His tracks are so awesome and I LOVE his remixes... his remix for Camera by The Editors is pretty rad in an 80's way...

10. Rep:

[blockquote]detroitXL wrote:

Especially SebasiAn... that man rocks the party HARD! His tracks are so awesome and I LOVE his remixes... his remix for Camera by The Editors is pretty rad in an 80's way... [/blockquote]

I don't have that remix. I'm gonna check that out. For sure, between those guys, I think SebastiAn is way better

As I already mentioned, I've only heard two good tracks from Kavinsky...

...I gotta admit though, Kavinsky's music video is just TOO AWESOME

Page 1 of 147 1231151101 ... LastLast