1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Thought you might find this video of the encore worth adding to the DVD, I think it's from Mexico. The guy's got a bunch of videos from the show up.

[yt=width,height]xPd8-7ttHpg[/yt]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPd8-7ttHpg

2. Rep:

Great quality video, and possibly the best crowd ever.

3. Rep:

That's a really great video. Is this Bercy?

4. Rep:

Nice video Aero!
    Anyhoo, just an update.
    This weekend I got organized again and shot out some more PM requests.
    And while organizing my files I realized I have two sources of videos and I dont have any idea who sent them to me!! I must have forgot to catalog the files on my LIST of contacts.
    And they are pretty good too...I'm going to have to search around thoroughly in my gmail inbox/youtube PMs so I can credit where credit is due!

In other news, I would like someone to contribute/help/assist me with the main menu of the DVD.
    I have the visual in my mind...but I may need someone savy with photoshop or similar software to make it for me...

Ok, so the main menu I want it to look like this:

Except, the crowd will not be visible. I will use the DVD Studio software to make the animated menu.
    Rather than the audience, it will appear that the curtain is up covering the stage (and the curtain will be waving ever so slightly in the wind).
    So cutting out the audience and making it all blue or green would help!

Next, I need for those numbers to be photoshopped out.
    To make it look like an actual video shot, I will add like some effects over the gear (glowing red lights and such on the gear).

The main menu options will be visible on the "curtain" that I will add in.

And also, for example, when you push PLAY, i will make quick video transition in the menu that will change the angle to have a first-person type view of the curtain and the curtain will open and it will fade to white/then black.

(am I confusing any of you yet? I guess I should draw it out in PAINT or something ).

HOWEVER, there is a problem with the source pic above.
    First off, it might be hard to photoshop the crease in the middle of the picture. And with that said, you would also need a LARGE high quality scan of the picture from the magazine itself.

So if its not possible to do this, I'm thinking maybe someone can actaully re-create the picture piece by piece by finding pictures of the gear from various sites and prolly even draw in the misc. stuff (cords, table, plugs, etc.).
    But nothing cartoony like. As real as possible.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this or if they need a clearer explanation!

5. Rep:

I was wondering if theres a site for this already, or some kind of graphic file that can be used to advertise this. I'm making a site thats compiling all the daft projects here and hosting them there. It also includes hosting of daft artwork and remixes, as well as news and whatnot.

So to get back to the point, is there a image that you're using to advertise this project, or do you already have a site that advertises this project?

6. Rep:

No there isn't a site for this yet.

I really like the menu idea. 2 ideas for you.

1. The backround music in the menu should sound like the audience is waiting for DP, like the intro of Coachella.
    2. When you press play or go to anyother part of the menu the background noise should be a crowd screaming at them.

What do you think of this. I can make those mp3s for you if you want.

7. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

@future: so i guess you decided you didn't like my old idea for a menu? D: haha nah, it's cool. uhm, provided someone can hook us up with a 300dpi version of the image, i could probablymaybepossibly do the Photoshopping out of the crowd and maybe the numbers. i'm not quite confident in my abilities as to say i could definitely do the crease, but i can give it a shot at the very least...

have you thought of asking someone to do a vector trace of it or something? that would solve several problems, as it would negate the issue of the crease, and you could also do a vector trace off of a smaller image, as vectors can be resized/enlarged without losing any quality. i've never done that sort of work, though, so i wouldn't be able to do it.

also, i still have those files for my unfinished DVD cover sitting on my desktop! D: maybe one of these days i'll actually get back around to working on it. it's really a shame leaving it at only 2/3 of the way done... ^^;; lol
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

8. Rep:

[quote1211333834=Aero5555]
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xPd8-7ttHpg
    [/quote1211333834]

Could someone please confirm for me which show this video's from? I think it's Mexico, but I'm not sure, I need confirmation.

9. Rep:

[quote1211375404=piroteki]
    @future: so i guess you decided you didn't like my old idea for a menu? D: haha nah, it's cool. uhm, provided someone can hook us up with a 300dpi version of the image, i could probablymaybepossibly do the Photoshopping out of the crowd and maybe the numbers. i'm not quite confident in my abilities as to say i could definitely do the crease, but i can give it a shot at the very least...

have you thought of asking someone to do a vector trace of it or something? that would solve several problems, as it would negate the issue of the crease, and you could also do a vector trace off of a smaller image, as vectors can be resized/enlarged without losing any quality. i've never done that sort of work, though, so i wouldn't be able to do it.

also, i still have those files for my unfinished DVD cover sitting on my desktop! D: maybe one of these days i'll actually get back around to working on it. it's really a shame leaving it at only 2/3 of the way done... ^^;; lol
    [/quote1211375404]
    Can't wait to see the finished cover!!!

10. Rep:

Untra, no site or pic for the project yet. hmmmm...

Electro, exactly what I was thinking! Forgot to put it in my post. When you push play, it will be a quick audio clip of a piece of the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS chime, audience screaming, and a ROOOOBBBOOOOTTT. 3 or 4 seconds max (its annoying if its longer).

Piro, no I still like your pyramid idea, but for the chapters menu.
    I didn't ask anyone to do that about the image, maybe someone here can take on that task?
    And I think I liked your DVD cover art...i think...i forget...God knows what page the dvd art is on in this thread!

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast