your doing just fine

2. Rep:

update? is this still happening?

3. Rep:

this dvd better deliver or i will punch a dolphin

in the blowhole

4. Rep:

just a random question out of the blue.

what do you guys think about if i can't get a hold of the raw footage from a handful of people, that I simply rip the videos off of youtube?

The quality wouldn't be as great as if I had the source footage, but there are some shots that I really want in there and the posters won't reply to me, or maybe they don't speak english and just don't bother, or they don't check their youtube messages... bla bla bla

stupid question, i know. but yeah.

And an update. I'm still collecting footage, but if I go this route with some of the people who reply to me (its 4 or 5 people with awesome shots), the DVD may be done sooner.

I recently started organizing and synching the footage I have in Final Cut to the audio.
    It's easy, but its just tedious work.

5. Rep:

just my 2 cents...

if you think the youtube footage is good enough that it doesn't throw off the rest of the dvd i say go for it.... and then if the youtuber's ever reply then i'm guessing it wouldn't be TOO difficult to swap out the footage.

6. Rep:

Well, it was more of a thing about basically taking their footage without permission really.

but then again, I'm not selling this, and the fact is if you upload something to something like youtube, you don't really have any rights lolz

But I've sent several requests to what i refer to as the "Big 4" (4 people who have amazing footage and couldnt imagine my project without their stuff).....
    none of the Big 4 have replied. And its been a while too.

But thanks for the input

7. Rep:

im guessing youre using file2hd.com to rip youtube vids. if you use that and click download high quality, im sure you can get away with it quality-wise.

8. Rep:

Random LONG update/rant !...
    I figure i make up for being silent for a while.

So i had planned to edit the entire thing using Final Cut Studio's applications.
    I'm still in a bit of a money crunch, so I can't afford any time soon the things to make this thing into uber pro quality.
    Not that i wanted to buy it JUST for this. I'm really into editing film and motion graphics, so this would have been a nice way to put out something that I made.
    Alas, that will have to wait.

What this means???
    -No subtitle track showing location of shots being viewed (but really, aside from audience shots, it doesn't matter where it was filmed. Same show everywhere). And I need the DVD software with Final Cut to do this.

-No alternate audio tracks (I'm just gonna stick with the album audio. I was thinking about doing a compromise of the album audio and Vegoose recording, read more about that later).
    I'd also need the DVD software to make alternate audio tracks.

-No super-customized DVD menu screens. (This is where I really would have liked to mess with. In the software, you can create dvd menu screens like you see on official dvds. But at this point, who cares about the menus?? Onto the main feature)!

HOWEVER,....
    -None of this will effect the actual main feature (the show, remember?). I still have Final Cut Express (a dumbed down version of the Pro software, which lets me edit the main feature just fine).

-The DVD menus will still look nice and lovely, but it won't be the way I wanted to look. But its just the menus.

-The bonus features won't change.....however.... I have decided to make the contents fit onto a single layer, 4.7GB DVD.
    Why?
    Because, I've noticed the thing most people do when creating custom concert dvds and such, is they split the data across 2 dvds (i assume because theres alot of people who still don't have a dual layer drive; that is, able to write a dvd with 8gb of data).
    Not that someone still can't burn the data. Most DVD burning software can make the contents of an 8gb DVD fit onto a 4.7GB one by decreasing the quality of it a bit.
    I don't want that! The clips i've received will go through enough conversion, that it doesn't need to (possibly) be downgraded any more.

Someone here suggested I split the DVD into 2 discs. One for the feature, one for the extras.
    I'd rather not. Too much of a hastle for people.
    I'm just going to fit what I can with the room left on the DVD.

As of now, it's prolly gonna be:
    -HBFS Live Music Video
    -STRONGER Grammy Performance with Kanye West
    -One More Time/Aerodynamic/Da Funk performance from 02 Wireless (TV Broadcast)
    -TELEVISION RULES THE NATION performance from South American TV broadcast
    -Photo Gallery

And after all this, it's defiantly gonna be done in early 09.
    I've decided to rip some of the clips I want from youtube that people won't reply back to me. Only a few clips though.

9. Rep:

YAAAY!!! it's happening!!!

it'll be a nice way to brush up on daft-ness before the next release (if it does in fact drop in march)

10. Rep:

and thats it! With the exception of 2 DVD's worth of material coming in the mail, and a handful of people uploading their stuff online within the next week, i am DONE collecting.
    All together, 50 people have sent me footage. Its gonna be tough to seed out the unneeded shots n stuff.

This dude from Aussie recorded 2 shows over there with a DV cam, and i must say its beautiful stuff.
    Editing it all together is gonna be the tricky part, but I think everyone will love the end results.

In all seriousness, this will be done between january and march. I have school, so that might get in the way, but im hoping for early february!
    (and note to self: get 1 or 2 clips from Nspurway!)

ANYWAYS, back to the ideas for the DVD art.
    On the Nine Inch Nails forum, someone made some concept art for a DVD they are doing for their tour. (the fans planned this huge stealth operation to sneak in cameras at their last show in Vegas last night to film and edit for a DVD).

I was wondering if someone could duplicate this art, but obviously switch it up to relate to Daft Punk:

A design like this would really sum up the project.
    I have decided to not include pro shot stuff in the main feature (ie the 02 Wireless footage...but that will be a bonus feature).

Later people

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast