Results 34,061 to 34,070 of 35067
  1. Rep:

Re: Get to know everyone else in the club! Talk about anything you lov

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Got another bot. I guess the thing woke up from a long nap and decided to have a nice chat about movies.
    Musical Mod
    "No art is so subject to indiscriminate judgement as music." - Johann Joachim Quantz

2. Rep:

I just now got that movie spammer message.

3. Rep:

I didn't get the second one.
    Rest In Peace: Romanthony, singer of one more time, passed away suddenly on May 7th, at the age of 46.

4. Mod - AND ALL THAT JAZZ.
    Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by spamwichx View Post

(sorry)
    Love you lots, spam. <3 text me if you need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by digital*aria View Post
    alcohol may or may not have been involved in this decision
    Alcohol usually leads to entertaining (but not advisable) decisions. Mine led to my first gay night out with a drag queen.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Nope, but it's all sorted now. I banned the crap out of that spambot.
    Lol only one? My email inbox has been blowing up with alerts about the spambots. I got one of those DMs too, and I'll take some time away from study to help clean up.

Life update: drag queens, gay clubs, dating and epiphanies. Stay tuned.

5. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Yesterday at work I saw a girl wearing a Nirvana shirt . I asked her if she was a legitimate fan and she said "Yeah, of course!", so I asked her if she knew why the 20th was so significant. "Wasn't that Kurt's birthday?" she asked. I said yes and she replied, "Oh, I wonder if he minds if I send him a late birthday tweet? He's on Twitter, right?"

6. Rep:

Quote Originally Posted by STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N View Post
    Yesterday at work I saw a girl wearing a Nirvana shirt . I asked her if she was a legitimate fan and she said "Yeah, of course!", so I asked her if she knew why the 20th was so significant. "Wasn't that Kurt's birthday?" she asked. I said yes and she replied, "Oh, I wonder if he minds if I send him a late birthday tweet? He's on Twitter, right?"

I don't wanna sound like a dick, but anyone who owns Nirvana clothing probably isn't a genuine fan.
    I know someone who wears their shirts but can't name any of their songs. Including Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    thought I should add that I've owned and do currently own Daft Punk shirts, and I love them, of course. If you have a Nirvana shirt and enjoy their music genuinely I don't mean to offend you.
    Rest In Peace: Romanthony, singer of one more time, passed away suddenly on May 7th, at the age of 46.

7. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  8. Rep:

Just because she didn't know about Kurt Cobain's suicide - one of the most infamous suicides in the history of the world - doesn't necessarily mean she's not a Nirvana fan. She's clearly been living a very sheltered life though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Booya View Post
    I don't wanna sound like a dick, but anyone who owns Nirvana clothing probably isn't a genuine fan.
    That's a little bit of an over-generalisation, don't you think? If you're a fan of something and you like clothes then you'll wear clothes relevant to your interests. That's just common sense! I've got sooo many t-shirts that I've picked up from gigs I've been to for some of my favourite bands.
    Last edited by DJ_Sam_909; 22nd Feb 2015 at 20:28.

Soundcloud
    R.I.P Romanthony, we will never forget you

9. Like STR@NG3R TH@N F1CT10N likes this post
  10. Rep:
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place

Just because she didn't know about Kurt Cobain's suicide - one of the most infamous suicides in the history of the world - doesn't necessarily mean she's not a Nirvana fan. She's clearly been living a very sheltered life though.
    I can't say I know a Nirvana fan that doesn't know about Kurt's suicide, or at least that he's dead. It's common for girls here to wear Nirvana shirts yet don't know anything about them. There was one girl in my high school who listened to pop music all the time yet wore her ex's shirts all the time so she could look "edgy". It's a fashion statement. Just like KISS, Rolling Stones, Ramones, etc. I'm not saying all people who wear the shirt are posers, but most of them where I come from are.

Sheltered, I doubt it. Most people just say "Kurt Cobain was a druggie who offed himself" and use him as the primary example of why drugs are bad. Yet there are druggies out here who make Cobain, Winehouse, Hendrix, etc. look like saints

That's a little bit of an over-generalisation, don't you think? If you're a fan of something and you like clothes then you'll wear clothes relevant to your interests. That's just common sense! I've got sooo many t-shirts that I've picked up from gigs I've been to for some of my favourite bands.

It's become stereotypical now; some young person wearing a Nirvana shirt (or the other bands I mentioned above) who isn't really a fan. They just wear it because they saw it at Hot Topic and thought it looked cool/edgy/dark/whatever.

I'm not saying these people are abundant, but they're not rare either. It's just disappointing to see a band become a fashion statement.

11. Like melrobin, The Big Booya, Ayu likes this post
  12. Rep:

I'll wear band shirts if i find one in a store/concert or there's one online that's so freaking amazing that i need it (doesn't happen often) but especially if it's a Bleach shirt, even the kids who do know Nirvanas music, don't pay attention to Bleach.

13. Rep:

Lol Reminds me of a girl in my class a few years ago. She also was a huge nirvana fan. And she said, that it would be great if they would play at Rock Werchter (a festival) this year. How can you be a fan and not know the band doesn't exist anymore because Kurt Cobain killed himself.