1. Rep:

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    i watched them doing a live show on tv last night,but it was the lads on stage and not so much the animated characters,are they doing that more these days?

2. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

i like how a lot of my music ends up randomly linking up to each other...

one of the two girls of Cibo Matto (a Japanese Shibuya~kei group) is totally the "voice" of Noodle. i liked the Gorillaz first, but came upon Cibo Matto independently, then omgwtflol'd when i realized that those two groups were related. XD

i wonder how much of my music is connected in ways similar to that... lol
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

3. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

[quote1195953290=DJPixcell]I know!! Omg lol I feel bad but it is true as well, I heard the song Technologic, and I was like.. That sounds A LOT like Daft Punk.. But I had no clue what it was from, realized soon after that it was, became an obsessed fan pretty much ever since.. Lol

And I think I have seen a Feel Good Inc commercial for iPod, don't exactly remember, but it does sound familiar. lol

haha! Infact, when i was searching for an uploader (looking for a better one, couldn't find one..) the advertise ment, had a picture of an iPod, with Feel Good Inc playing, I had seen it before!! It wasn't a commercial, more of an ad. It was everywhere! You know how the 5th generation iPods had "Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California" the 4th generation had Feel Good Inc!! lol

I finally remember exactly where I used to see it all of the time!

I tried a place where you could ONLY preview it, didn't have any luck, so here it is on zShare..
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/5141581665bf91/

It starts to sound, AMAZING, at 2:03

[/quote1195953290]actually i think it was a combination of that iTunes commercial and me finding out that this one guy at my school liked them. i was pretty mindblown as i had never expected him to like Daft Punk, much less know about an album before i did. (his favorite artist is like Peter Gabriel. hahah)

now that we're talking about it, i'm pretty sure i do remember one. in the same style as the "Technologic" one, in fact. i really liked that visual style. there was a rollerskater, wasn't there? in any case, there were still shots of the "Feel Good Inc." video on the box of iPods (with video) for a while and in a little pop up in iTunes itself.

as for the remix, it's pretty good, but i think i like the original so much, it's hard to top, you know? XD thanks for sharing, though!
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

4. Rep:

[quote1195954407=piroteki]
    [quote1195953290=DJPixcell]I know!! Omg lol I feel bad but it is true as well, I heard the song Technologic, and I was like.. That sounds A LOT like Daft Punk.. But I had no clue what it was from, realized soon after that it was, became an obsessed fan pretty much ever since.. Lol

And I think I have seen a Feel Good Inc commercial for iPod, don't exactly remember, but it does sound familiar. lol

haha! Infact, when i was searching for an uploader (looking for a better one, couldn't find one..) the advertise ment, had a picture of an iPod, with Feel Good Inc playing, I had seen it before!! It wasn't a commercial, more of an ad. It was everywhere! You know how the 5th generation iPods had "Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California" the 4th generation had Feel Good Inc!! lol

I finally remember exactly where I used to see it all of the time!

I tried a place where you could ONLY preview it, didn't have any luck, so here it is on zShare..
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/5141581665bf91/

It starts to sound, AMAZING, at 2:03

[/quote1195953290]actually i think it was a combination of that iTunes commercial and me finding out that this one guy at my school liked them. i was pretty mindblown as i had never expected him to like Daft Punk, much less know about an album before i did. (his favorite artist is like Peter Gabriel. hahah)

now that we're talking about it, i'm pretty sure i do remember one. in the same style as the "Technologic" one, in fact. i really liked that visual style. there was a rollerskater, wasn't there? in any case, there were still shots of the "Feel Good Inc." video on the box of iPods (with video) for a while and in a little pop up in iTunes itself.

as for the remix, it's pretty good, but i think i like the original so much, it's hard to top, you know? XD thanks for sharing, though!
    [/quote1195954407]

lol Yeah.

I find the remix to be, more 'Daft Punk' if daft punk was a genre of music. Lol

More.. Electronic. Lets say that. :P

5. Rep:

Cibo Matto's "Birthday Cake" is like the wierdest song ever, it's so annoying, but you end up loving it once you hear it for like the one billion-ith time (Thank you Jet Set Radio Future!) XD

And that was probably a clip from the Demon Days Live DVD you saw there dmcefc, good live show, especially the first 20 minutes or so.

I posted a "mash-up" of sorts involving a remix of Feel Good Inc. and Technologic a long time ago, anyone remember it? It's awesome, here's the link again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nbrztzwjy0

6. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

OMGGGGG i just realizedddd! Michel Gondry also directed the video Cibo Matto's "Sugar Water." (it's quite cool, btw.) and we come full circle back to Daft Punk!!!! lmao

so yeah. it's definitely true. Gorillaz + Daft Punk, Gorillaz + Cibo Matto, Daft Punk + Cibo Matto. hurray musical connections!
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

7. Rep:

I like Gorillaz too - both albums (Gorillaz, Demon Days), also the B-sides albums (G-sides, D-sides) and other unreleased songs. I thought and hoped that there would be some real rare songs on D-sides, but I know all of them (except the remixes). I hoped they would release live-recording of Stop The Dams (Damon played it live with Ghostigital at somekind of environmental gig in Reykjavik) - there are videos on YouTube, but the quality isn't very good

8. Rep:

I find it weird that Gorillaz and Daft Punk have an interesting connection. They were both popular in 2001 and 2006. Both were in the Toonami special and both were played a lot on MTV in 2001. When I bought Discovery, I almost bought the self-titled Gorillaz album.

9. Rep:

[quote1196000778=Aero5555]
    Cibo Matto's "Birthday Cake" is like the wierdest song ever, it's so annoying, but you end up loving it once you hear it for like the one billion-ith time (Thank you Jet Set Radio Future!) XD

And that was probably a clip from the Demon Days Live DVD you saw there dmcefc, good live show, especially the first 20 minutes or so.

I posted a "mash-up" of sorts involving a remix of Feel Good Inc. and Technologic a long time ago, anyone remember it? It's awesome, here's the link again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2nbrztzwjy0
    [/quote1196000778]

Did you make this!? Its awesome! Fits in well!

It is scary.. Daft Punk + Gorillaz DO for sure have some type of musical connection.

10. Rep:

Nope it aint mine, I just found it and decided to share it, and yeah it's awesome.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast