1. Rep:

Gorillaz

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Does anyone else like Gorillaz? I think they are one of the weirdest groups out there, but I don't know.. I guess I love that weird sound from them.

Demon Days was a great hit album, the new D-Sides album took wayy too long if you ask me. I can tell that in some of their new songs from the album, they used the same beats, just added new lyrics.

The version that I got comes with 9 remixes, which isn't that bad..

Tell me what you guys think..

2. Rep:

Are the D-sides any good? (Heh, what am I talking about, I'll just download it anyway, and then buy it if it is good).

Anyway, yes, how can one not like the Gorillaz. OK, the first album isn't superb, but Demon Days ranks in my top 5 best albums, it's just fantastic and oh so varied. I just like the way Damon Albarn sets about making music under the Gorillaz name. It gives him free range to do the right thing, with whoever he thinks most useful and experienced.
    I have a Demon Days poster in my room (which looks lovely by the way) which says that Demon Days was released in 2005. So I'd contend that it was the best (mainstream) album of the year.

3. Like Primebrainwasher likes this post
  4. Rep:

Great! I loved Demon Days, it was just like a classic album. I love a lot about them, I guess the mysterious part about them is what makes me like them more, like Daft Punk, almost.. Lol

I think its pretty good! Some of the remixes included are pretty cool, I love the Feel Good Inc. remix. Its amazing!!

I find this album to be a lot, slower.. As in most of the songs are pretty slow.. But It has more 'feeling' to it I think.. Then what Demon Days has..

Its a must have if you like Gorillaz, but I don't know if its worth the approx. 20$

Not too sure here though. Lol I'm not that good with reviews.. :P

5. Rep:

Their debut album is pretty good, Clint Eastwood, Re-Hash, 4/5 Four Five, Slow Country and 19/2000 are my favourites, I also have their Celebrity Takedown DVD, I'd buy their 3rd DVD if I had the chance (although I have their Demon Days Live DVD). Thinking of buying their "Autobiography" someday.

Demon Days is pretty much perfect to me, I'd listen to the whole thing 5 times in a row and still not get bored, my favourites off it are Kids With Guns, Dare, Feel Good Inc., White Light, All Alone and El Manana.

Wish they went through with the (now cancelled) world tour, unfortunately Hewlett stated that the technology that was to be used is pretty expensive to transport and very unstable, so the idea was scrapped, I remember being excited as hell waiting for the live performance of Feel Good Inc. at the 2005 MTV EMAs on TV, me and my cousin were like "wooooooooow..." watching it happen XD

Albarn and Hewlett are in the middle of making a Gorillaz movie these days right? pretty excited about that too. And yes, I am a fan of the Gorillaz (if you didn't realize this already while reading my whole post) XD

6. Rep:

Yes the first album was not bad, deffently Clint Eastwood was my favorte from that album, it had me humming it for, years! Lol

"I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad, I got sunshine, in a bag, I'm useless but not for long, the future is coming on, I aint happy, Im feeling glad, I got sunshine in a bag, I'm useless but not for long, the future is coming on, is coming on, is coming on, is comingon, Finally someone let me out of my cage.." Lol thats all I can remember.. :P I love that song..

I guess I do like Gorillaz more then I even thought I did. lol I felt the same way when I saw them on the MTV EMAs. I was amazed, thought instantly: "Have to see them live."

7. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

yeah, i think there's some sort of a connection between Gorillaz and Daft Punk actually... not a real one or anything, but i've always associated the two together probably because i was introduced to them at the same time (thanks, Tom at Toonami!)

i thought it was pretty funny that HHA and Demon Days also came out at around the same time...

anyway, i only have Demon Days and a handful of songs from the first album, but i'm planning on getting it eventually...
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

8. Rep:

[quote1195948381=piroteki]
    yeah, i think there's some sort of a connection between Gorillaz and Daft Punk actually... not a real one or anything, but i've always associated the two together probably because i was introduced to them at the same time (thanks, Tom at Toonami!)

i thought it was pretty funny that HHA and Demon Days also came out at around the same time...

anyway, i only have Demon Days and a handful of songs from the first album, but i'm planning on getting it eventually...
    [/quote1195948381]

I dunno its one of those "iPod + iTunes" things. lol

Gorrilaz + Daft Punk

They just have a connection.. Not in any real way, just I feel.. I dunno. lol Just I love them both.

PS. That Remix of Feel Good Inc is called: Feel Good Inc (Stanton Warriors Remix)

I love it, its just amazing! If anyone wants, I can upload it on a site to preview it..

9. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

[quote1195950025=DJPixcell]

Gorrilaz + Daft Punk

They just have a connection.. Not in any real way, just I feel.. I dunno. lol Just I love them both.

PS. That Remix of Feel Good Inc is called: Feel Good Inc (Stanton Warriors Remix)

I love it, its just amazing! If anyone wants, I can upload it on a site to preview it..

[/quote1195950025]hahah, it's even more appropriate that you mention that because they both did promotions for iPod + iTunes, didn't they? i'm sure we all know the "Technologic" commercial. (actually at that point, i didn't realize HHA even existed and when i saw it on TV i was like "OMG THAT SOUNDS LIKE DAFT PUNK?!!!1/?" lol) and wasn't "Feel Good Inc." also used to promote that at one point or another?

and remix preview plz.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

10. Rep:

[quote1195950922=piroteki]
    [quote1195950025=DJPixcell]

Gorrilaz + Daft Punk

[/quote1195950025]hahah, it's even more appropriate that you mention that because they both did promotions for iPod + iTunes, didn't they? i'm sure we all know the "Technologic" commercial. (actually at that point, i didn't realize HHA even existed and when i saw it on TV i was like "OMG THAT SOUNDS LIKE DAFT PUNK?!!!1/?" lol) and wasn't "Feel Good Inc." also used to promote that at one point or another?

and remix preview plz.
    [/quote1195950922]

I know!! Omg lol I feel bad but it is true as well, I heard the song Technologic, and I was like.. That sounds A LOT like Daft Punk.. But I had no clue what it was from, realized soon after that it was, became an obsessed fan pretty much ever since.. Lol

And I think I have seen a Feel Good Inc commercial for iPod, don't exactly remember, but it does sound familiar. lol

haha! Infact, when i was searching for an uploader (looking for a better one, couldn't find one..) the advertise ment, had a picture of an iPod, with Feel Good Inc playing, I had seen it before!! It wasn't a commercial, more of an ad. It was everywhere! You know how the 5th generation iPods had "Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California" the 4th generation had Feel Good Inc!! lol

I finally remember exactly where I used to see it all of the time!

I tried a place where you could ONLY preview it, didn't have any luck, so here it is on zShare..
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/5141581665bf91/

It starts to sound, AMAZING, at 2:03

11. Rep:

[quote1195952293=piroteki]
    yeah, i think there's some sort of a connection between Gorillaz and Daft Punk actually
    [/quote1195952293]
    OMG! On last.fm similar artist reccomendations are based on how many people listen to both. Anyways it turns out that if you listen to Daft Punk or Gorillaz you are pretty likely to listen to the other too. It's changed a bit recently, but I'm pretty sure they used to be top in each's list.
    Anyways, D-Sides seems to be getting a lot of thumbs up, and yeah, I think in general we all love Gorillaz!
    I've seen their live performance in Manchester on TV (and have downloaded the audio which I'll get round to paying for), *brilliant*.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast