1. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

Japanese music!!!

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    okay, i've been wanting to make this thread for ages. and finally gotten around to it.

this is primarily what i listen to. i would've loved to have threads for individual bands, but i'm not deluded enough to think that those would actually get anywhere, so yeah... talk about any Japanese music you listen to, whether it be traditional [Yoshida Kyoudai], mainstream J-pop [Ayu, Koda Kumi, etc], J-rock/visual [Diru, X-Japan, etc], Indies, or other weird genres [shibuya-kei!!], go for it!

even if i don't like it myself, chances are good i've at least heard of it.
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

2. Rep:

The B'Z all the way...umm lets see umm beef or chicken, The Pillows
    Polysics. and a few others but i forgets the names

3. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

B'z is alright. i mean, i guess they're pretty popular, aren't they? i only have a few songs of theirs.

&quot;Beef or Chicken&quot; referring to the TERIYAKI BOYZ album? i like that album, though i think they&#039;re kind of weird. in the most amusing &quot;aww-aren&#039;t-they-adorkable&quot; way. XD i really like Verbal&#039;s style of rapping, thoughhh. (m-flo! <3)

the pillows are good, but i probably haven&#039;t listened to them as much as i should&#039;ve. i always read about people complaining about how they&#039;re not as good anymore, and i guess most of what i have is their older stuff, because i watched a PV for one of their newer songs a couple weeks ago [can&#039;t remember the name atm] and i wasn&#039;t all that impressed, but the albums i have i have liked a fair bit.

i need more Polysics!!! i only have about three of their songs, but i do like their style. they also were apparently getting airtime in America, at least on one of the music video channels... which i think is awesome. and they played with my favorite band [SPARTA LOCALS] so that alone puts them pretty high in my book. (though honestly, just their visual look alone is pretty cool, i think. i like their whole like censor-bar-esque sunglasses, though i think they may not be as strict with wearing them or something... :/ )
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

4. Rep:

99% of the Japanese music I listen to is from anime series I used to watch, and I haven&#039;t watched any anime for a couple of years now, so I guess I&#039;m a bit outdated, it includes:

Nightmare (Alumina and The World), Utada (Simple and Clean (original and remix), Hikari, and Sanctaury), Teriyaki Boyz (Heartbreak), High and Mighty Color (Ichirin no Hana), Maaya Sakamoto (Hemisphere), L&#039;arc~en~ciel (Driver&#039;s High), Wands (Sekai Ga Owaru Wade Ma), Uverworld (D-Technolife), Beat Crusaders (Hit In The USA), Maximum Hormone (What&#039;s Up People?!? and Zaibatsu Billy), Kumiko Noma (Lilium).

5. Rep:

KATAMARI MUSIC FTW

i have the Katamari music and thats about it

6. Rep:

Nowadays I listen very rarely to Japanese music.

My favorite Japanese electronic band:
    http://www.myspace.com/auralvampire

Also I found a new cool band named GO!GO!7188:
    http://www.myspace.com/gogo7188

7. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

[quote1210363629=snolan]
    KATAMARI MUSIC FTW

i have the Katamari music and thats about it
    [/quote1210363629]
    <333333333

good enough for me. you might also like くるり [quruli], they&#039;re supposed to be an inspiration to the music from that series.

@Aero: yeah, i&#039;m familiar with almost all those songs/artists. i don&#039;t really watch anime all that much, but i&#039;d have to say even the incredibly massively wild series i tend to stay away from [like Naruto lol] have good opening/ending themes! i&#039;ve been introduced to a lot of good artists that way.

@R0B0T: still haven&#039;t gotten around to trying out Aural Vampire... i forget if i asked you this before, but are they kind of like Schwarz Stein? also i totally love GO!GO!7188 <3 you might also like チャットモンチー [Chatmonchy] i think they sound fairly similar. though i&#039;d have to say i like GO!GO! just a little better. man i need more of their stuff. @_@
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

8. Rep:

Oh and if it counts, I listen to the Gyakuten no Saiban (Phoenix Wright), MegamanX4, Ganbare Goemon (Mystical Ninja SNES/N64) and Castlevania OSTs (the composers are all Japanese).

9. Rep:

I listen to J-Rock mostly.
    Miyavi got me into it, plus he&#039;s hawwtt.

10. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

[quote1210533995=DoReMix]
    I listen to J-Rock mostly.
    Miyavi got me into it, plus he&#039;s hawwtt.
    [/quote1210533995]
    Miyavi is good looking. hahah. i haven&#039;t really been able to get into most of his stuff, though...

other J-rock you listen to?

anyone listen to/heard of ART-SCHOOL? i&#039;m listening to them right now; i like them. :3
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

last.fm||tumblr

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast