1. Rep:

Re: I Wasn't There... The Official Missed-Out Thread

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I became a fan just after the 2007 tour had ended...typical. Of all the time to become a fan *faceplam*

-Retr0

2. Like Robbeh likes this post
  3. Rep:

I was coming off a lengthy illness where I was on disability for a year, was doing an AmeriCorps program (which is intense), and was broke as crap during the Alive tour so concerts were not on my mind at the time. I didn't start going to any shows for any artist until 2008, tbh. Just wasn't a concert person until then. I missed out.

4. Rep:
    Unhappy

Jesus, this is my thread.

Every time I think about this I feel SO stupid.
    I've known Daft Punk since the late 90s and I always liked them but I wasn't crazy for them. Well, they came to play on a festival thingy over here on 2006 and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were opening for them I think (I liked them as well).
    So I decided not to go based on the fact that at that time I didn't have any of their albums and I thought it would be poser/fake/**** of me if I did attend to the show. (Yes, I know, stupidest decision ever).

I listened to the show live on the radio and I was dancing like crazy on my own on my living room next to the stereo pretending to be DJing (so embarassing). I remember instantly realizing that I made a huge mistake and whatnot, I wish I had been there... But well it wasn't the best period of my life and I was into a lot of stupid stuff that I dislike now and had other priorities. Even if I wasn't a kid in 2006 I think I'm a completely different person now. Oh this got deep huh?

Ok I have to go crawl in my bed and cry now, thank you very much.

5. Rep:

i had THE WRONG DATES

6. Rep:

I was given a copy of Homework when I was 4 for my CD Player (I'm 15 now) There is home video of me dancin' around to Revolution 909 and it's pretty funny. I later got distracted by so many early electronic bands (Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Kraftwerk), that Daft Punk sorta vanished from me for a little (this is like 2006) Then in 2008 I saw them on the Grammys and my Dad took me to the local CD shop and I bought Discovery. While there I looked in the shelves and saw a CD titled "Alive 2007" and I picked it up and went to the counter. Asked the owner, he replied "Oh yeah they just did a tour last year and recorded it" I bought the CD and went home. Listen to the entire thing. I was shocked. I completely missed probably my most favorite band on the planet. By a year. I kinda went through this upset phase and got out of it when I saw Tron: Legacy and saw the Robots in the club scene. I was sitting in the theater and actually shouted "THAT'S DAFT PUNK" to my grandmother. I bought the soundtrack on Vinyl and played the whole thing in my house. 2013 Came around and I was already producing my own... Vintage songs looped with an autofilter for 5 minutes lol... Then I was actually watching the news one morning and the anchorman said "Up next we have -random topics- Daft Punk - random topics... think one involved cooking- but first we'll take a break. That's how I learned about RAM. Bought it the day it released, on iTunes and CD. Listened to the whole thing for days. Now here I sit, talking about my connection with the robots, and how I missed the only concert I would've been able to see. Darn lol

7. Rep:

Nice to meet another fan from Philly haha, yeah it's a shame we missed, although we probably wouldn't have made it in a 4 hour drive to new York plus traffic lol

8. Rep:

did anybody go to dps live at the arches?

9. Rep:

i have missed every single one of them

come to the dark side. we have french musicians

10. Rep:

Do you know any further concerts of Daft Punk and the conditions how to get there? thanks a lot in advance.

http://kidsdoodle.org/

11. Rep:

i was 5 and i didn't know daft punk so yeeaah.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819