1. Moderator
    Rep:

I Wasn't There... The Official Missed-Out Thread

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Since I'm sick and tired of hearing people say:
    "OMFG THE SHOW WAS FREAKING [censored]!"
    "OMFG I KNOW RIGHT???!?!?!?!?!"
    "*divulges into long-winded conversation about something that wouldn't make sense to someone who wasn't there*"
    "YA RLY"

I was just wondering if anyone else missed the show and feels bitter about it. If you did and do, this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Champiness

It's a sign.

2. Super Moderator
    Rep:

dude i totally feel your pain.

i will officially declare, that i, digital*aria, MISSED Daft Punk's Alive 2007 tour.

*phew* glad thats off my chest.

but still, even though i am a HUGE fan and am totally obsessed with DP (otherwise, why would i be here, right?) i had absolutely NO CLUE they were even touring. im being serious. in early 2007 i saw their coachella videos on youtube and i thought 'hmm.. weird, someones making a remix of them... its quite good. i wonder what cover band that is...' -yes, that was my actual reaction. i didnt know they were doing anything at all concerning remixes and shows and stuff. let alone something so amazing as Alive 2007.

ive seen countless videos on youtube and other websites, but im afraid it will never live anywhere near up to what it would have been like if i was actually there.

*goes and bangs head on the wall* i was in paris a week after they did the Bercy show...

if they tour again, i dont care how much money it is. i will NOT miss it.
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

3. Rep:

I feel your pain as well...

I knew they were touring after I saw their Coachella show on youtube about a week or so after they perfromed. I almost got to go see them in Miami back in '06, but, even though my aunt lived in Miami and she said I could stay, my parents still wouldnt let me go! *bangs head on wall* Just a little note, Miami was the closest they got to were I live.

Also, the HORRIBLE rumor that miami was gonna be their last show didn't make me feel any better.

Oh, and I could have gone to Vegoose, but we didnt have enough money to spend at the time...

4. Rep:

I was in Las Vegas 3 Months before Daft Punk was....... !sad I was there in July, they came in October....
    ~* *~
    イッツテイスティングタイム!

5. Rep:

I missed the tour...

I will never miss another Daft Punk show. Ever. No matter WHERE they tour, I will be there. I'm also downloading hani's DVD so I can at least follow those "OMFG TEH SHOW WAS LIEK SO GOOD" conversations.

6. Rep:

Same. I knew about DP when Interstella 5555 came out, but rediscovered them after they did all their shows in the US. I really wish I went.

7. Moderator
    Rep:

I wasn't a fan of them until, like, a month after they did their Brooklyn show which I know I could've gone to with enough begging. It annoys me so much that it slipped through my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Sam_909 View Post
    Champiness

It's a sign.

8. Rep:

I seem to have a bad habit where I found out about a group I love right after they toured near me. I totally wish I coud have gone to Lollapalooza!!! I heard it was one of there best shows.

9. Rep:

I discovered Daft Punk about a year after they played in Portugal, and about 3 weeks after they ended their tour. But hopefully i wont miss another.
    DAMN IT! That is such a good idea!

10. Rep:

oh god......don't remind me, it makes me feel sick when i think about the fact i wasn't there..........

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast