1. Rep:

Putting Remixes into iTunes

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    I enjoy listening to the many Daft Punk remixes put up on this website, and because of this, many of the songs posted here are in my iTunes library. But I am very anal about my library. What I want to do, at least on my iPod, is to be able to go to Artists, click Daft Punk, then see all the songs they have released there, but also any remixes of their songs that someone has made. That way they are easier to find. Is the anyway to put in like the original artist as Daft Punk, and then like Remixed by: the remixer?

2. mama p -- admin
    Rep:

you should be able to edit the file tags yourself, right? you know, right click and just type in "Daft Punk" in the Artist field, and add/move the remixer's name wherever/however you best see fit.

i mean, i know it's a pain, but so would trying to get every remixer to follow the same tagging system.

though i wish people would at the very least fill in their tags! i have a few remixes that i decided to keep, but i have no idea who made the remix since there was no artist name in the file title and there were no tags filled in. D:

(i'm also pretty anal about tagging, so songs without artists is terrible!)
    ~僕は素晴らしいロボット~

11.11.2006・ALIVE・2007.08.09
    last.fm||tumblr

3. Rep:

Yeah, I'm pretty anal about stuff like that too. I flipped when all of RAA Vol.1 had the remixer as the artist name!

But yeah just right-click the song and click Get Info. You can change the artist name from there.

4. Rep:

You can just make a compilation and have the album title as "Daft Punk Remixes." That's what I did.