1. Rep:

I don't know what to call it.. help a guy out with getting started eh?

Remove this ad: become a supporter
    Ok, well I briefly searched your forums, but didn't come up with anything, so if this has already been covered, just link me to it.

What I'm looking for.. I don't know what to call it. Here, let me set an example.

Say.. I wanted to do a mix with HBFS ok? And I was looking for a way to isolated JUST THE VOCAL PART. So does that make sense? Is there some sort of place where finding individual-- I want to say tracks-- tracks of daft punk songs? Or is that somehow illegal. I really don't know.. I just have a "beat" in my head that I would like to make a reality, mostly just to listen to myself, I don't want to sell, or anything.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, and I hope I didn't unknowingly break any laws

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Rep:

There isnt any way to isolate the vocals. But heres the acapella for hbfs : http://rapidshare.com/files/61379221...r_stronger.mp3

3. Rep:

I think this is more suited for The Lounge, and no worries man, no rules broken or anything, the thread's been moved that's all.

Good luck with your mix

4. Rep:

[quote1215088697=Chris]
    Ok, well I briefly searched your forums, but didn't come up with anything, so if this has already been covered, just link me to it.

What I'm looking for.. I don't know what to call it. Here, let me set an example.

Say.. I wanted to do a mix with HBFS ok? And I was looking for a way to isolated JUST THE VOCAL PART. So does that make sense? Is there some sort of place where finding individual-- I want to say tracks-- tracks of daft punk songs? Or is that somehow illegal. I really don't know.. I just have a "beat" in my head that I would like to make a reality, mostly just to listen to myself, I don't want to sell, or anything.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, and I hope I didn't unknowingly break any laws

Thanks,
    Chris
    [/quote1215088697]
    djalive is right, as in, this is called an acapella, for future reference, chris =]
    Cheers,

Dark DJ
    CEO of Dark DJ Productions

5. Super Moderator
    Rep:

i think if you just google '[insert song name] acapella version' you can find almost anything. im sure they have acapella for more than just HBFS.

although if youre looking for isolated parts of that song that ARENT the vocals, im pretty sure that is called a stem. i DONT think google would be able to help you there.

and yes, good luck on your mix- post it in the 'fan remixes' section when youre done so we can hear it!
    "I love the sound of my speakers dying for the sake of my music."

6. Rep:

Thank you very much fellas! That was the one roadblock in my "quest" to my own daft punk remix! Thanks for the patience all..

I'll get to work..

Chris